Andrew Wilson & Sons Ltd
Catering Equipment Hirers
By Appointment to Her Majesty The Queen Catering Equipment Hirers
Our Terms & Conditions of hire
(1) All orders are accepted subject to the following Terms & Conditions, which shall form part of and govern the contract of hire. Prospective hirers are therefore required to make themselves familiar with it. In these terms and conditions the word “Owner” shall be deemed to refer to Andrew Wilson & Sons Ltd. The “Hirer” means the person, Firm or Company or other body taking the equipment on hire. “Hire Price List” means the list of charges published by the Owner, from time to time. The hire contract shall be applicable from the time the Owner accepts the order from the Hirer.
(2) Prices specified on the Hire Price List are for one day’s hire only. Prices for periods of more than one day’s hire are as follows: 2 or 3 days -
(3) The hiring shall be deemed to continue until the Owner receives all equipment, or it is reported to the owner as lost/broken/stolen.
(4) Hire rates include fair wear and tear only. When equipment is returned in a condition other than when received by the Hirer, a charge for cleaning, reconditioning, renewing or replacing will be made where considered necessary by the Owner. All furniture is hired on the condition that it is for indoor use. Damage through damp or wet will be charged for. All food debris must be removed from the equipment before return. All orders including washable equipment shall be liable to a surcharge of 25% of the invoice total.
(5) No responsibility can be accepted by the Owner for injury caused by use of hired equipment.
(6) Substitutes for lost or broken equipment cannot be accepted. Equipment returned which is not the property of the Owner will be retained for a period of one calendar month. After this time the Owner reserves the right to dispose of such equipment.
(7) The Hirer shall pay in respect of all equipment not returned or returned broken/cracked, etc., the Replacement Charge. Hire charges will not be taken into account in calculating the monies due under this clause. The Owner’s checking of equipment shall always be deemed to be final.
(8) All equipment let out on hire, including equipment charged for under clause (6) above, always remains the property of the Owner and Hirers shall so far as they lawfully can, assist the Owner to resume possession of any equipment not returned, when appropriate credit will be given. The Owner shall not give credit for goods returned after a period of 60 days from the date of the original hire. Items returned within 60 days shall be credited, less the hire charges for the period. Credit Notes are only valid for 180 days after the date of issue, after this time the owner shall cancel any unclaimed Credit Notes.
(9) The Hirer is wholly responsible for all equipment from time of delivery/collection until uplifted/returned, and liable for damage during transit (if collecting equipment from the Hirer), or due to fire, theft, burglary, breakages or other losses, and should ensure safekeeping of equipment awaiting uplift/return. The Hirer should in his own interest insure, or meet the premiums for insurance of the equipment whilst out on hire.
(10) The Hirer, before use, should check all equipment, and any deficiencies should be reported immediately to the Owner. Phone (0131) 661 2485 (24hrsTimed Service). Deficiencies reported after use shall not be credited.
(11) The Hirer agrees to repack all equipment into their appropriate containers and to make such equipment available for collection at the same location to which they were originally delivered. Failure to comply with this clause may result in additional charges being made by the Owner. A charge will be made for any packing containers not returned or returned damp, dirty or damaged.
(12) Claims for refunds after completion of hire, on the grounds that some of the equipment was not used, cannot be considered.
(13) The Owner requires a minimum of 3 workings days’ notice of hire, or to change to confirmed booking. Orders and changes may be accepted later than this, however, the owner reserves the right to levy a 25% late order surcharge.
(14) The Owner will take every precaution to ensure that the equipment is clean, polished, and in good condition upon delivery.
(15) Should the Hirer wish to cancel in whole or in part an order, after the Owner has accepted it, notifications must be made to the Owner at least 3 working days before dispatch. Charges for cancellation are as follows: 3 days prior to dispatch 50%; 2 days prior to dispatch 75%; 1 day prior to dispatch 90%, on the day of dispatch 100%. Items designated Premium Stock in the Hire Price List, shall be liable to a 100% cancellation charge from time of ordering. The Owner reserves the right to attach a Special Cancellation Schedule to any order. The Hirer shall be informed on this at the time of booking.
(16) All delivery orders are subject to transport charges, prices on application. A minimum transport charge of £36.00 for delivery and removal will be made for each order. All deliveries will be made to the nearest point of discharge at Hirer’s premises. A labour charge will be made for further sub-
(17) In the event that the Hirer requests the Owner to deliver/uplift goods from an area which is not a designated loading/unloading area the Hirer shall be responsible for and shall reimburse the Owner in respect of any parking fines or charges incurred by the Owner.
(18) Delivery/Uplift shall be done between the hours of 8am & 4pm, Monday to Friday. Work done outwith these times shall be subject to overtime charges.
(19) Minimum surcharge for out of hours delivery/uplift shall be £125.00 + VAT. Minimum surcharge for delivery/Uplift required on dates designated as Public Holidays by the Owners shall be £600.00 + VAT. Off-
(20) Specific times for delivery/uplift cannot be guaranteed. The Owner reserves the right to deliver the equipment on an earlier date than requested and to uplift at a later date than requested. This may include out of hours’ work, at the Owner’s cost. The Hirer must make equipment ready for collection immediately after the stated day of use.
(21) Drivers/Porters are not authorised to check hired equipment or to sign for the same. All equipment shall be checked, in due time, on return to the Owner’s premises. The Owner’s checking of equipment shall always be deemed to be final.
(22) Hirers who are collecting and returning equipment will be liable to a minimum charge of £15.00 + VAT to loading/unload their vehicles. Collection/Return of equipment must be made between the hours of 9am & 4pm, Monday to Friday. Equipment collected before 9am or returned after 4pm will be liable to a surcharge of £50.00 + VAT.
(23) The execution of any order is subject to variation or cancellation from any cause beyond the Owner’s control, e.g. Fires, Strikes, Lockouts, Storm and Tempest, etc.
(24) In the event of a heavy demand upon our stock, the Owner reserves the right to substitute any item or items, without reference to the hirer.
(25) Accounts, Bankers and Trade reference must be supplied for Credit Accounts. All invoices charged to account holders must be settled net 30 days. Accounts not paid within this period will be considered as overdue. Overdue accounts shall be subject to interest charges at Bank of England Base Rate, plus 4%. All other accounts are to be paid 7 workings days prior to delivery, or on the day of collection by cash or Credit/Debit Card.
(26) The Owner retains the right to repossess the equipment should the Hirer contravene any of these conditions and the Hirer by acceptance thereof obliges self to give access to
the Owner for that purpose.
(27) These terms and conditions are effective from 1st December 2014 and supersede all previous Terms and Conditions.
St. Ann's Mount, 39 Spring Gardens, Edinburgh, EH8 8HR